Help is available to people who live in Owslebury, but in exceptional circumstances, may also be available to those who live immediately outside.
Types of help include:
- grants of money to relieve sudden distress, sickness, or infirmity;
- gifts in kind to help those in need such as furniture, bedding, clothing, food, fuel, and heating appliances;
- payment of transport costs for people entering hospital or residential homes, or for relatives visiting them;
- the provision of tools, books, fees for examination or tuition, or travelling expenses to help people to obtain employment;
- help for children and young people to take part in extra-curricular activities where parents cannot afford such costs, for example (but not exclusively) youth clubs, scouts, and guides, Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme, school outings.
Please make application by letter, email, or telephone to:
Tel.: 01962 777 783
PLEASE NOTE: applications are treated in the strictest confidence